Public Safety Technology Program Director
(410) 706-5719| email@example.com
Christopher Webster joined CHHS as a Law and Policy Analyst in August 2010, shortly following his graduation from the University of Maryland, Francis King Carey School of Law. He received his BS in Business Administration, with focuses in Finance and Accounting, from Colorado State University in December 2006.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Webster honed his accounting skills by interning with Hewlett Packard’s Worldwide Freight Cost Management Division.
Mr. Webster’s legal experience includes internships with small law firms specializing in water resource law and consumer protection, as well as time with the University of Maryland’s Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.
Mr. Webster has worked previously as both a research assistant and extern with CHHS, researching and writing about homeland security preparedness metrics, cyber security, and emergency planning for special needs communities.
Since joining the Center, Mr. Webster has worked on number of projects, including three years serving as the Executive Director for the Eastern Shore Communications Alliance, which is a regional interoperability governance body for the Eastern Shore of Maryland. In this capacity, in conjunction with all the region’s directors of emergency services, he oversaw the formation of the body and Charter, as well as the development of a Regional Tactical Interoperable Communications Plan, Radio Communications Guides, and an Interoperability 101 training course. The group also held regional interoperability exercises and a conference for key stakeholders.
Mr. Webster has also worked with the Mid-Atlantic Consortium for Interoperable Nationwide Advanced Communications on issues related to the National Public Safety Broadband Network, and the Maryland Emergency Management Agency on capability estimation.
Examples of Projects include:
- Montgomery County Food Security Task Force – Strategic Planning
- Howard County Public Schools – COOP Planning
- National Capital Region – Strategic Plan, Eastern Shore Communications Alliance
- Mid-Atlantic Consortium for Interoperable Nationwide Advanced Communications
- MD Energy Administration Energy -Assurance Planning
- MD Emergency Management Agency – Capability and Resource Estimation
- MD Department of Information Technology – MD Broadband Outreach