Recovery Planning Program Director
(410) 706-2153 | email@example.com
Lisa Crow joined CHHS in October 2010 as a Policy Analyst until she became the Recovery Planning Program Director in January 2019. Ms. Crow specializes in the development and implementation of Recovery Programs for various clients. She is also requested as a subject matter expert and speaker on matters relating to disaster recovery best practices.
Her most recent work includes working with the Howard County’s Office of Emergency Management in leading several major planning initiatives to include the Emergency Operations Plan, Recovery Plan, and Radiological Ingestion Pathway Plan. Additionally, Ms. Crow served as the Chair of the Baltimore Urban Area Security Initiative’s Recovery Committee, heading the development of the Regional Recovery Framework through coordination with the State. Ms. Crow worked on the coordination of the County’s post-disaster recovery efforts following both the 2016 and 2018 Historic Ellicott City Floods.
Her previous projects include Continuity of Operations Planning for the USDA’s Animal Care Division, serving as a planner to the City of Annapolis, and working with the Exercise and Training team on several full-scale exercises testing the surge capacity of regional hospitals. She also worked with the Maryland Emergency Management Agency to create a Mitigation Operations Plan in order to promote enhanced coordination among state, local, and federal agencies in support of mitigation efforts for the State. Ms. Crow also served as the Regional Planner to Montgomery County’s Office of Emergency Management where she developed the County’s first Strategic Plan, supported the County’s Pepco Working Group Plan, and was a member of the National Capital Region’s Regional Planner’s subcommittee at the Council of Governments.
Ms. Crow holds a Master’s degree in Integrated Homeland Security Management from Towson University and a BS in Sociology and Anthropology with a concentration in Criminal Justice also from Towson University.
Examples of Projects include:
- 2016 and 2018 Ellicott City Recovery Efforts
- Howard County Office of Emergency Management – Recovery Program, Planning Program
- Baltimore Urban Area Security Initiative Regional Recovery Committee – Chair
- Montgomery County Office of Emergency Management and Homeland Security – National Capital Region Planner
- Middle Atlantic Regional Center of Excellence for Biodefense and Emerging Infectious Diseases Conference
- US Department of Agriculture, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service – COOP
- MD Emergency Management Agency – Mitigation Planning