Interoperability Planning and Program Management
Interoperability plays an important role in emergency management and homeland security planning. Interoperability is the ability of first responders and other emergency management personnel to communicate with each other, both within a jurisdiction and between neighboring jurisdictions, when an emergency occurs. A common problem is the lack of radio interoperability between neighboring jurisdictions’ first responders. CHHS has assisted in identifying gaps in interoperability, and developing solutions to fill those gaps.
- Maryland Department of Transportation
- Eastern Shore Communications Alliance
- Maryland State Police
- Maryland Department of Information Technology
- Maryland State Interoperability Plan
- Maryland Broadband Team/Outreach – MDInterop